Thursday, May 24, 2012

Shaklee Review

I posted on Facebook that I was looking for some good supplements for KP and some ladies (who are distributors) suggested Shaklee. One offered the chance to particpate in her "Learn and Earn" program where I listen to recordings, make notes and then send her my notes in return for product credit.

Shaklee has been around for over 50 years and offers eco-friendly products, at great prices, that are thoroughly tested. They were also the first company to obtain Climate Neutral certification which means they offset all their CO2 emmissions leaving net zero impact on the enviornment. What really sold me on the company is that if a product or component doesn't meet their standards, they will throw it out and stop production until it does meet their standards. They also don't use GMO's in their products which is important for well, everybody but especially people who use a good deal of soy products like me.

 After listening to the recordings I was really excited to try the products. Since I did this during May, I was able to take up their current promotion of free membership (normally $19.95). The bonuses to being a member are pretty nice - discounts on purchases on all Shaklee products, access to a health information library as well as a referral program. If someone purchases using your link, you earn credit.

I bought Basic H2, Incredivites multi-mineral/vitamin for kids and Dish washer concentrate.

I can't say much about the Incredivites since I'm not the one taking them and it's difficult to ask a 1-year-old her opinion but I can say she loves taking them. In the morning she asks for one and then says "MMMMM!" So at the very least, they taste great. The vitamins are a tad pricy BUT I feel that I can trust the quality of the product due to the safety testing and the bigger price tag is worth that to me when it comes to KP.

For years I had been using vinegar/water to clean since it was the cheapest eco product I could find. Basic H2 beats that though - not only with cleaning power but also economically. That 16 oz bottle makes 48 gallons of all-purpose cleaner! The ratio of basic h2 to water varies on what type of cleaner you need but it's still not a lot, sometimes only needing one or two drops.

  A few things that we've used it for: diaper wipe solution, all-purpose, floor cleaner, de-greaser, pen marks on walls and furniture, spaghetti stains and dog vomit on carpet, fruit/veg wash, rust stains on the counter and soaking dishes that have to be hand-washed.
 Last night I felt so impressed with Basic h2 that I cleaned out our cleaning supplies since I believe it can take over the job of most things. The one thing that it hasn't worked on so far is getting crayon off the wall. I'm pretty impressed with it and plan on sticking with it instead of using vinegar.

Since we live in an apartment, we always have the cheap, tiny, barely works dishwashers and it sucks. Trying to find something that works is hard (at least for me). The dishwasher detergent said that you don't need to pre-rinse when using it. So I gave it a try and it worked! Sparkly clean dishes without pre-rinsing. The package says for normal water to use 2 tsp of detergent and 4 for tsp for hard water. I experimented though and can use between 2 and 3 and get great results even with the awfully hard water North Texas has. The only time I have an issue is when I over-load the dishwasher, so my bad.
We wash at least 2 loads of dishes a day and I barely feel like I've made a dent in the 2 pound bag.


So, I guess in short, I freakin' love Shaklee so far. My dishes are clean, my house is clean and I'm excited to try out new products. The one downside though is shipping. I suggest if anyone does order to stock up or order with a friend to cut the cost. My shipping for these 3 products, which was around 5 pounds was around $9. The shipping was fast though and i didn't have to leave the house to go shopping, so it's kind of a fair trade in my mind.



If anyone is interested in learning more about Shaklee you can use my member referral link here. If you use my link and decide to purchase something I'll receive product credit. If you'd prefer to go to the regular Shaklee site it is located here.



Shaklee/Shaklee independent distributors did not in anyway solicit this review. All opinions are mine. I participated in a class to earn credit and paid for the rest of the products myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
template by suckmylolly.com